Member Communications, Engagement, and Education Representative
UFCW 1518 brings a relentless focus on worker fairness to our almost 25,000 members across BC and the Yukon. Join us and our energetic communications team! Accepting external applicants as soon as Friday March 5 until March 19, 2021 Please apply at: email@example.com
Wages and Benefits as per the USW 2009 collective agreement (salary range $96,000 to $106,000)
The position is a Union Representative. The work is all about member communications, engagement, and education. If you have a lot of the skills listed below, we want to hear from you! We also want to know about your post-secondary education and multiyear, digital era experience communicating and engaging to members in a progressive organization.
THE SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Social Media: Manage the union’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter). Create content following a content calendar based in Asana. Reply to member inquiries in a timely manner. Run targeted ad campaigns. Provide periodic social media reports and contribute strategic advice around social media development.
- Mass Texting: Copywriting & set up of mass texts using Hustle.
- Digital Lead Generation: Run targeted ad campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Google.
- Email Communications: Write member email communications in a deadline-oriented environment using the email marketing platform Mailchimp. Write organizing & campaign-related email communications.
- Mailchimp: Oversee Mailchimp use, reply to Mailchimp use-related inquiries, train other staff in Mailchimp usage & processes. Work to integrate Mailchimp with other platforms.
- Written Communications: All forms of written communications including member communications, publications, stories, reports, copy writing and social media
- Proficiency in Languages: English and other languages
Member Engagement and Education
- Education Lead: Coordinate with reps/other external facilitators to develop educational curriculum. Review material for all courses. Revise educational material periodically
- Education Materials: Seek opportunities for further development of the union’s coursework. Develop new educational resources for members, course companions, etc.
- Member Engagement Campaigns: Under the direction of the Managing Director of Strategic Development, seek opportunities to engage current members around important union/social justice happenings. Support campaign plans and help coordinate their implementation.
- Bargaining Engagement: Conceptualize new ways of engaging members in the bargaining process. Coordinate the implementation of these projects. E.g. landing pages, online bargaining updates, develop educational assets relating to bargaining. Some current projects:
- Issue-based Engagement: Coordinate member engagement initiatives around important labour issues our union supports. E.g. paid sick days, pandemic pay, etc.
Collateral and Asset Creation
- Graphic Assets: Develop a range of design templates for organizing purposes (flyers, posters, social media visuals, etc.). Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite required, and experience with digital design toolkits like Sketch an asset.