Union Representative Organizer
UFCW 1518 brings a relentless focus on worker fairness to our almost 25,000 members across BC and the Yukon. Join us and our energetic team!
Exceptional compensation package as per the USW 2009 collective agreement.
Accepting external applicants until June 30, 2021. Please apply at: email@example.com
UFCW 1518 is a growing union in need of an experienced Organizer to deliver leads and provide direction and sage advise to an energetic group of novice Organizers.
You have a passion for organizing and building worker power through bargaining and securing collective agreements. You enjoy being a mentor and are no stranger to the Labour Board processes and hearing for new certifications and agreements, and are comfortable in leading
organizing drives from start through to certification.
This is a temporary position to fill leaves and could be extended beyond one year.
THE SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant legislation, policies and process under the BC Labour Code and Employment Standards.
- Successfully negotiated first collective agreements.
- Effectively prepared and ran labour board hearings related to certifications and other LR issues.
- Capable of running campaigns with minimal assistance, motivate and acquire committee members, working with them effectively in the lead up and during bargaining.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including listening, advocating, negotiating and advising.
- College or University degree/diploma in Labour Economics, Labour Relations, Personnel Administration, Commerce, or related Social Sciences or an equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- BC Drivers License.
- Proficiency in Languages: English and other languages.