Workers at Alberni Co-Op ratified a new collective agreement on January 8, 2021, that will see significant wage increases and several strong improvements to their contract.
“The bargaining committee did incredible work during this round of negotiations,” said Lead Negotiator Ashley Campbell. “They fought hard and won an excellent contract that will improve the working conditions for everyone at Alberni Co-Op.”
Some highlights of the new contract include:
- A wage increase retroactive to June 1 for employees affected by minimum wage increases
- A wage increase retroactive to December 31, 2019, for employees not affected by minimum wage increases
- A *NEW* premium for employees who are required to work alone
- A shortened probationary period from four (4) months to three (3) months.
- Schedules posted an additional week in advance
- An increased yearly boot allowance for Pump Attendants and Supervisors.
Alberni Co-Op has 33 UFCW 1518 members, who voted in their new contract by a strong majority. UFCW 1518 would like to thank the Bargaining Committee, consisting of Chris Dunlop and Louisa Leyland. Congratulations to the members on your new contract!