On Oct. 17, UFCW 1518 members who work at the Riviana food processing plant in Delta (formerly Catelli Foods) ratified their tentative collective agreement, which now forms their current contract.
The new contract features several improvements to the members’ working conditions, including:
- Wage Increases in each year of the agreement
- After 30 years of continuous service, members will be eligible for another (sixth) week of paid vacation
- Paid Stat Holiday every September 30, recognizing the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Improved premiums and more money for eyeglasses
- Improvements to job posting provisions.
The workers were able to secure more improvements by taking a strike vote. An unprecedented 100% of voters said they were in favour of job action—their solidarity was enough to bring Riviana back to the bargaining table.
UFCW 1518 is working on a final version of the agreement. Once completed, we will send it out to the members and post it online here.
If you are an Industrial Food worker who would like to learn more about joining a union, get in contact with us at ufcw1518.com/industrial.