Last night, UFCW 1518 held a Zoom call with all Safeway/Sobeys Shop Stewards and the Advisory Committee to review the rollout plan for the new Sobeys tentative agreement. The Sobeys Bargaining Committee is proud to recommend this agreement to members.
The agreement represents a lot of different members, departments, stores, and regions, so we are working hard to finalize the content of the 75-page document before it is released it to members.
Thank you to all of the Stewards and workplace leaders who were able to join the call to review the rollout plan with us last night. On the call, union leadership and Bargaining Committee members shared that, in solidarity with UFCW 247, who is returning to the bargaining table on Oct 11–13, UFCW 1518 will release the details of the agreement and the open the voting window the week of Oct 16. UFCW 247 President Dan Goodman shared a statement of appreciation with our Stewards and Committee for the support our members are showing them as they return to the bargaining table.
Sobeys Tentative Agreement Rollout Plan (More details below):
- October 11-13: UFCW 247 Bargaining Members at UFCW 247 will be back at the table next week. UFCW 1518 will support their committee.
- October 16 @ 9 am: Zoom call with Advisory Committee We will thoroughly review the terms of the tentative agreement with Advisory Committee members.
- October 16: Tentative Agreement out to Members We will email the tentative agreement and summary out to members following the call with the Advisory Committee. Bargaining committee members and Reps will be in stores to review the agreement with members and answer member questions.
- October 16 @ 7 pm: Telephone Town Hall Members will hear a summary and key highlights of the tentative agreement and will be able to ask questions. We will also review the vote plan with members. We will send you details on the call and a reminder next week.
- October 17 @ 6 pm: Steward Info Sessions We will meet with Stewards to review any questions they have from members to bring back to their workplaces and members prior to the vote window opening. Bargaining committee members and Reps will also be in stores to review the agreement with members and answer questions.
- October 17–20: Reps and Bargaining Committee Visits Union Reps and Bargaining Committee members will be out in stores to discuss the terms of the Tentative Agreement and answer any questions you may have.
- October 18 @ 9 am: Online Ratification Vote Opens Voting credentials will be sent to your email address. If you do not receive your voting credentials by 9 am on October 18, please contact us at [email protected] or phone 1-800-661-3708.
- October 18 @ 5:30 pm: Member Info Session 1 Members can join this online info session to hear a review of the tentative agreement and ask any questions they may have.
- October 19 @ 8:30 am: Member Info Session 2 Members can join this online info session to hear a review of the tentative agreement and ask any questions they may have.
- October 20 @ 3 pm: Online Vote closes Voting credentials will only be given out until 1:30 pm. Please contact us immediately if you do not receive your credentials on October 18 @ 9 am.
- October 20: Results released We will send you the results of the online vote before 5 pm.