Ucluelet Co-op Workers Win Improvements at their Workplace
UFCW 1518 members at Ucluelet Co-Op have been enjoying the benefits of a new collective agreement in 2021.
The changes came after a ratification vote succeeded on their new contract in November of 2021.
Some highlights of the new contract at Ucluelet Co-Op include:
- 2 percent wage increases retroactive to August 31, 2019
- Safety shoes reimbursement doubling from $40/year to $80/year
- A *NEW* Letter of Understanding regarding cross-departmental work
- Significant increases to maternity leave and parental leave
- An option to work 4 10-hour shifts per week rather than 5 8-hour shifts
- Shop Stewards can now orient new staff on company-paid time
- Clarifications to full-time status
“This was a challenging round of negotiations,” said Lead Negotiator Ashley Campbell. “The Bargaining Committee rallied the workers together to win a strong strike vote which led to more money being put on the table in mediation. We’re incredibly proud of what they accomplished.”
UFCW 1518 would like to thank the Bargaining Committee, consisting of Albert Strom and Jennifer Hoar. Congratulations to the members on your new contract!