Wage Increases, Signing Bonus and Night Premium for Workers at Donald’s Fine Foods
Workers at Donald’s Fine Foods in Richmond, British Columbia, have just concluded bargaining for a new collective agreement. With a 67% vote, they were able to ratify a new contract with big improvements.
Philip Zhu and Dave Laenen, who make up the Bargaining Committee, performed admirably and worked diligently to ensure members received the improvements and raises they deserve.
With the October 1st “yes” vote, Donald’s Fine Foods workers won:
- $1.00 per hour wage increase retroactive to May 23, 2021 (a 5% – 7% wage increase)
- $150 signing bonus to be paid after ratification of the agreement
- Percentage wage increases for next four years: 2.25% in Year 2, 2.00% in Year 3, 2.25% in Year 4 and 2.5% in Year 5
- NEW Night Premium of $0.70/hour for all employees working between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- NEW classification and wage rate for Non-Certified Tradesperson
- Improvements to boot allowance, medical note reimbursements & eyewear benefits
- Improvements to RRSP contributions and the training premium
- Improvements to bereavement leave and jury duty provisions
Congratulations to the Donald’s Fine Foods membership on their new contract!
If you are interested in becoming a member of a union and organizing for better pay and working conditions, visit ufcw1518.com/join-us for more information.