UFCW 1518 members employed with Source Office Furniture have ratified a new collective agreement thanks to the support members showed for their elected bargaining team. For the next three years, staff at the Vancouver store will benefit from several improvements to their working conditions.
Their monetary wins include:
- Wage Increases of 2.5% in years 1, 2 & 3.
- Increase in Forklift Trainer Premium from $1.00 to $1.50 per hour
- Increase in First Aid Premium from $20.00 to $30.00 per week
- Increase in Island Meal Allowance from $20.00 to $30.00
- Increase in Safety Footwear from $150.00 to $200.00 annually
- Increased Bereavement Leave
More and more retail workers are joining UFCW 1518 in the wake of COVID-19 to seek recognition for their specialized knowledge and to gain real protections in return for serving the public under challenging conditions. Do you work in a store and want to know how you and your coworkers can advocate for yourselves? Contact us at [email protected].